Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Colby

My baby turned 17 yesterday! HE was born during a blizzard in 1993 and of course it snowed all day yesterday, 17 years later to the day! We managed to dig ourselves out and went on a mad hunt to find an open restaurant (no easy task) it was like ghost town on the roads, everyone was afraid to drive but the roads were not bad. We found one about 30 minutes away and he, his girlfriend, his best friend and of course Jordan and I had a wonderful birthday celebration! We will of course have a proper dinner at a really nice restaurant in 2 weeks when the snow melts. He is looking forward to that and so am I. The entire family will be together (well immediate anyway), that will be nice for him. Of course he is mainly looking forward to the lobster buffet, he and his best friend Mike were talking about it last night, mouth watering wishing the burgers they were eating were the unlimited lobster (they have never seen that and trust me, it is high class and delicious) and shrimp bar. He is even more excited about his driving test. We have 18 inches of snow and he still wants to take his test tomorrow! I told him he would be guaranteed to fail. Momma knows best.
I wanted to share a project I made too, isn't this the cutest? Someone will get a treat in this for valentines day!

No comments: