Friday, July 31, 2009

Masculine Card ~ Another Stationary Set



I am finally getting around to posting the masculine birthday card for my swap on SCS. The paper I was given to work with had a really masculine feel. I don't usually work with too much black and grey, so after coloring the little fur ball I thought the card needed something extra, so I gave it some bling lol, ok maybe not so masculine now but I tried!
I am also posting a picture of a stationary kit made with Paper Trey paper and ribbon (black and white - go figure). I made for a friend of mine who is going through a rough time. I hope this little surprise picks her up a bit, if only bringing a smile to her face and a happy moment to her day. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
I have a nice weekend ahead, really nothing planned, just spending some time with a good friend. I am looking forward to it :)Last night I cooked him a special meal and he loved it! I was afraid it might not turn out so good because I had never made the dish before. It was delicious if I say so myself. He also gave me an idea to take pictures of my meals and create a recipe scrapbook....I am going to do that. I am in a recipe swap on SCS so that idea came at the right time. That is another hobby I want to get into (cooking that is), can that be considered a hobby? I only like to do it when I am not forced to.
Well August is here, enjoy every minute!

2 comments:

Morgaine said...

Very cute! I find it always so hard for me to make masculine cards. Great job!

Jacki Randolph said...

Great card! It is hard to make those cards masculine! Can't wait to see in person. Hugs!